And the way it is going on ...
Hmm...
Sometimes I never know if it is good to have a "straight forward monotonous and easy life" or a "very unpredictably interesting tough life". Currently I am having a "not-so-tough interesting monotonous life"!!
My day WAS starting off at 5 AM in the morning. Get up, have hot cup of coffee in front of the TV. Weather channel for about 5 minutes getting to know the forecast for the day. Interestingly, forecasts here work and I decide on what I wear to office based on that...
Now pretty much it is still the same, but I am getting up at 5:45 AM. Hot cup of coffee... TV... and Music channel. Keep Rice in Micro-wave and go to bath at 6:15. Come back... Do some abs... and rice is ready. Use the sambhar/curry/curd/pickle to prepare something for breakfast and for lunch. Corn-flakes/Bread are just good enough for 1 hr... Rice is the best, if I have to have lunch at 12:30 PM.
Hmmm... OK.... So, completely ready by 7:15 AM. I cannot drive here for first 3 months (junk rules... Some jerk makes a mistake and new rules come out on earth... Anyways...)
A colleague of mine lives in the same apartment (Family man). Gives me a call anytime between 7:15 and 7:25 ... and pretty punctual... so I need to make sure that I dont ask for more time, anytime.
We leave to office (approx) 20 minutes ride on the freeway,.. Aaraam 100 kmph ride on a non-snowy day. Reach office by 7:45 AM - 8:00 AM and day repeats itself at it was in Bangalore... till around 6:30 PM to 8 PM.
In the evening, look for somebody to go back ... Generally I find somebody or the other about to leave... Get a drop and reach the apartment anytime between (earliest)6:45 PM to (latest) 9 PM.
Current protocol is, if I am first to reach the apartment, I do the cooking and if my ROOPA (Short for Room Partner) reaches earlier, it is his turn. He does very good sambhar and Puliyogare. When I get boared, I just ask him to prepare one, and he does it for me... Good boy....
Go to Gym (whatever is the time) for 30-60 minutes (depending on the time I reach the apartment). Work out. come back and have dinner. Watch some serials, discovery programs, movies before sleeping. Depending on the interest, go to bed by 10 PM to 11:30 PM....
Again.. alarm rings at 5 AM in the morning, and repeats in the interval of 5 mins... until I get up at 5:45 AM .... and shut it off....
Some more about the weekend .... next...
Sometimes I never know if it is good to have a "straight forward monotonous and easy life" or a "very unpredictably interesting tough life". Currently I am having a "not-so-tough interesting monotonous life"!!
My day WAS starting off at 5 AM in the morning. Get up, have hot cup of coffee in front of the TV. Weather channel for about 5 minutes getting to know the forecast for the day. Interestingly, forecasts here work and I decide on what I wear to office based on that...
Now pretty much it is still the same, but I am getting up at 5:45 AM. Hot cup of coffee... TV... and Music channel. Keep Rice in Micro-wave and go to bath at 6:15. Come back... Do some abs... and rice is ready. Use the sambhar/curry/curd/pickle to prepare something for breakfast and for lunch. Corn-flakes/Bread are just good enough for 1 hr... Rice is the best, if I have to have lunch at 12:30 PM.
Hmmm... OK.... So, completely ready by 7:15 AM. I cannot drive here for first 3 months (junk rules... Some jerk makes a mistake and new rules come out on earth... Anyways...)
A colleague of mine lives in the same apartment (Family man). Gives me a call anytime between 7:15 and 7:25 ... and pretty punctual... so I need to make sure that I dont ask for more time, anytime.
We leave to office (approx) 20 minutes ride on the freeway,.. Aaraam 100 kmph ride on a non-snowy day. Reach office by 7:45 AM - 8:00 AM and day repeats itself at it was in Bangalore... till around 6:30 PM to 8 PM.
In the evening, look for somebody to go back ... Generally I find somebody or the other about to leave... Get a drop and reach the apartment anytime between (earliest)6:45 PM to (latest) 9 PM.
Current protocol is, if I am first to reach the apartment, I do the cooking and if my ROOPA (Short for Room Partner) reaches earlier, it is his turn. He does very good sambhar and Puliyogare. When I get boared, I just ask him to prepare one, and he does it for me... Good boy....
Go to Gym (whatever is the time) for 30-60 minutes (depending on the time I reach the apartment). Work out. come back and have dinner. Watch some serials, discovery programs, movies before sleeping. Depending on the interest, go to bed by 10 PM to 11:30 PM....
Again.. alarm rings at 5 AM in the morning, and repeats in the interval of 5 mins... until I get up at 5:45 AM .... and shut it off....
Some more about the weekend .... next...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home